Karen Romano Young
writer • artist • deep-sea diver • polar explorer •comics creator
My new book ANTARCTICA:
THE MELTING CONTINENT, with
illustrations by Angela Hsieh, was named to the New York Public Library
Best Books of 2022 list AND is a
National Science Teachers Association Outstanding Science Trade Book for 2023!
Press and News
I get around. Here's my calendar.
And here's some press:
• Solve It For Kids podcast, May 31, 2022
• Third Pod from the Sun, the American Geophysical Union's podcast, features my artwork
• Is That True? podcast, August 18, 2021
• Every Friday:
American Geophysical Union Sharing Science posts #AntarcticLog
• Women Mind the Water, February 8, 2021
podcast with host Pam Ferris-Olson
• Connecticut Woodlands, December 2020
"Words of Wonder: Connecticut Authors Connect Kids with Nature"
• Thriving Online: Explore Offline Tactics for Thriving Online, December 14, 2020
internet broadcast, The Earth Institute, Columbia University, with host Andy Revkin and Angelica Patterson, Richard Louv, and Paul Greenberg
• Thriving Online: Drawing and Painting Paths to Sustainability, October 5, 2020
The Earth Institute, Columbia University, with host Andy Revkin and Pat Bagley
• YOUTUBE readaloud of A Girl, a Raccoon and the Midnight Moon
March to May 2020 but just as good today (and for the next 52 days!)
• #AntarcticLog at the Smithsonian Ocean Portal.